Thursday 15 September 2011

Break down

I had always wondered what happened if you broke down in the fast lane and today, I found out.  I have been having trouble with my motorbike, since I put the wrong kind of fuel in it a few months ago.  Today; it conked out in the fast lane of the A38, just after in turns into a 3 lane road at the bottom of the infamous Haldon hill, just before it turns into the M5.

Getting across two lanes of fast moving traffic, with a rapidly decreasing motorbike, which I had to side pedal, with my feet; was pretty difficult and scary, but I made it and pushed the bike about a quarter of a mile to a dusty lay by.
Here I found this lovely new plant.

I am a bit unclear about this plant.  I think it might be one of the 'Milk Vetch' family, but I would defiantly say, that I have not yet clearly identified this plant.  It kind of vaguely resembles a Lupin, but I am sure its a vetch of some kind.

After examining the Vetch and taking a few photos'; the bike started again, but then broke down again in Exeter.  I had to call the breakdown people.
Since I had broken down outside my friends house and told the breakdown people that they could take their time, if they had any more important calls; they took 5 minutes!  The last 2 times I have broken down in remote locations, once in the rain and they took 4 hours, both times.


Anyway they fixed the bike and I drove 5 miles down the road and broke down again.   This time is was drizzling and there was no phone reception, but two cars going opposite ways, both stopped and one guy called Graham, drove me two miles up a hill, so I could phone the breakdown people and then drove me back to where my bike was and waited with me 20 Min's, until they arrived. 
It is really heartwarming, when people do things like that. 

Broke down again in Postbridge.  This time there was no phone reception, no AA and no Graham to rescue me.  I pushed the bike into the tourist car park and began the long walk home.

 The moon was full and the rain was intermittent.  The walk was not too bad, but; what am I going to do if my bike doesn't work?

My Bike was toed away by Carl the next day.  What am I going to do?   

No comments:

Post a Comment