Thursday 8 September 2011

Festival/Free Party on the Welsh Border


 HAIR BELLS
If they'll grow here; they should grow on Dartmoor!

All work and no play.  I have been kindly driven to a small 3 day free party/ mini festival thing, by my friend, Jake; and all I want to do is climb around on fields and moorland, photographing plants.

 I am somewhere in Herefordsire, in the Black mountains and that ridge is the Welsh border, or at least, according to my calculations, that is so. We drove deep into Wales, to get here. According to some app on Jake's phone; the party's situated at over 500 metres above sea level.

 Thanks to Beat-Nyx for putting on the party. really, really good party!Very good vibe, really nice people.
But anyway; Here, the rock is slate, someone said the mountain is Red Sandstone,so it's looking potentially to have a pretty acid soil here, like on Dartmoor, indicated blatantly; by there being much Heather here, so why don't hair Bells grow on Dartmoor?

Unfortunately there were not enough to collect any and they were way off  from seeding. So on this trip, I mearly made observations and I hope that one day; I will have gathered enough data to be able to introduce these nice little grassland plants onto Dartmoor.

No comments:

Post a Comment