Thursday 15 December 2011

Sorting Small Trees

These trees are going to be planted at night, so I don't want to be holding each individual tree up against the moonlight, to determine the species, so I tend to sort them into bags of type before hand, to make my mission faster and easier.  The only kind of light I ever take with me is my mobile phone and a cigarette lighter.  I do not possess a torch.

Plastic bags, in this case bin bags are very good at preventing moisture loss.   Keeping the roots from drying out is crucial for the trees' survival.


Often I throw in some wet leaves as well.

Once the trees are all sorted out and bagged up; I carry them off, sometimes miles, to where they will be planted and either plant them there and then, or stash them for another day. 

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

No comments:

Post a Comment